CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California law, California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to a company may have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom that company had disclosed such information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, along with a list of the categories of Personal Information that had been so disclosed. However, The Soteria Method®’s policy, as disclosed on this Website, does not currently permit Soteria™ to share the Personal Information collected at this Website about you with non-affiliated third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Moreover, even if The Soteria Method®’s policy permitted the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes, because Soteria™ would provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such disclosure, The Soteria Method®’s would not have to provide you with such lists. If you are a California resident who would like information on how to exercise your rights concerning third party disclosures, you may send an email to or contact us via postal mail at:
The Soteria Method®
Attn: California Privacy Rights Administrator
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED and HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
The following information is provided by Soteria™ to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Policies.
The Soteria Method® receives and collects Personal Information when you contact us by completing and submitting a request form. Either way, Personal Information including your name, email address, phone numbers and address is retained so that we can contact you and be able to advise you of the status thereof.
The following is a list of the type of data that we may collect and process about you:
• Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us an electronic communication;
• Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you; and
• Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, your computer's IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
We may also use third-party advertising companies to target and show you advertisements when you visit the Website. These third-party advertisers may send “cookies” to your computer or other accessing device to gather information about your preferences in order to provide you with advertising that is more likely to relate to your interests.
Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the “Help” facility provided with your browser. Please note that if you disable cookies you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Website's interactive functionality.
Information from Cookies May be Used for the Following Purposes:
• Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Site, the date and time of your access to the Site, the pages you visit, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site;
• To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes; or
• Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising, for example, to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
• To customize or personalize your experience of the Site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name;
• For transactional purposes, such as credit card sales; or
• To monitor your use of the Site in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible; for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously.
We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
How Personal Information May be Used
In order to provide you with efficient and reliable services and to improve product and service options available to you, Soteria™ may share your Personal Information with our affiliates as required or permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates are companies controlled or owned by us, or companies that control us, or are under common control with us.
The Soteria Method® will not sell or market Personal Information collected on this Website to non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. However, regardless of whether you have chosen to limit our sharing of your Personal Information as collected on the Website, The Soteria Method® may, without restriction, disclose aggregated statistics about visitors to its Website, along with specific information concerning individual visitors of its Website that is not Personal Information, provided that no specific individual can be identified by the information so disclosed.
The Soteria Method® may use your Personal Information to provide you with a personalized Website experience, send you newsletters and to provide other update or informational services (including, without limitation, alerts for new features and/or enhancements; special offers; upgrade opportunities; contests, promotions and/or other events that may be of interest to you). We will also use your details to manage your account. We may also use this information to deliver services that you requested, contact you via direct postal mail and/or electronically to the extent such activity is permitted by law, regarding your relationship with The Soteria Method® and otherwise as you permit. You may opt out of receiving electronic information from Soteria™ by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, at the time that Soteria™ provides you with information electronically, we will also provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future information electronically.
If you choose to receive our emails from time-to-time we will use the information you provide to promote the products and services of our business partners or affiliates of Soteria™ via email or direct mail. We do collate information about site traffic, sales, wish list, and other commercial information which we may pass on to third parties but this information does not include any information which can identify you personally. We strive to limit use of your information to those offers that we think you would appreciate receiving. Finally, we may use your Personal Information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs. If we change our policy on disclosure to others, we will inform you and give you the choice of opting out.
Regardless of whether you have chosen to limit our sharing of your Personal Information as collected on the Website, your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
• our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as fulfillment, warehousing and delivery companies; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; transaction processing credit and anti-fraud checks; marketing services; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers. In such situations, Soteria™ requires that these companies agree to (a) maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and (b) limit the use of such Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided. Furthermore, in compliance with privacy laws, we also provide our opt-out lists to non-affiliated third party companies so that they can be suppressed from the communications those companies send on The Soteria Method®’s behalf;
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES – LIMITING INFORMATION SHARING/ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
To protect the confidentiality of your information and respect your wishes for how it is used The Soteria Method® offers “opt out” alternatives. Specifically, you may instruct us: (i) not to share Personal Information about you with our affiliates and/or, (ii) if our policy were to change so that we proposed to do so, not to share Personal Information about you with an outside company for such company’s marketing purposes.
If you choose to opt-out, we will not send you alerts for new features nor enhancements; special offers; upgrade opportunities; contests or events of interest. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any email we send you will contain an automated opt-out link. Simply follow the indications in the email.
If for any reason you are concerned that the Personal Information held by The Soteria Method® is not correct, or would like to modify your privacy choices, please contact us through the Contact Us page and provide the correct or updated information.
PROTECTION AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The Soteria Method® maintains reasonable standards of confidentiality and security for this Website and the Personal Information collected from this Website. Soteria™ also restricts its own employees’ access to Personal Information. However, it is possible that someone may intercept or access communications, transmissions and/or Personal Information. You must also seek to protect against unauthorized access to any information and/or account that you use in connection with this Website, and you should remember close the browser using the Website once you have completed your activities on the Website or if you have decided to step away from your computer.
In the event that The Soteria Method® determines that there has been a security breach resulting the unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, The Soteria Method® will promptly notify website visitors whose Personal Information it reasonably believes has been compromised by posting information on the Website.
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY MINORS
The Website is only for use by individuals in the United States 18 years of age and up. We do not knowingly collect or store the Personal Information for anyone under the age of 18. In the event that The Soteria Method® learns that it has obtained the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 18, it will immediately delete such information.
CHANGES IN POLICY
Effective Date: October 1, 2015
If you require more information please go to the Contact Us section of the web site.
* * * * * * *